Friday, July 3, 2009

SDRAM PROBLEM

Hi I am using Kingston 512MB SDRAM for my XUP virtex 2 pro development board. I am working on image filtering where I have to transfer the image file to the SDRAM and then filter it by bring the data to the BRAM's. I am struck off into following steps: 1. How can I send a whole image file to the SDRAM. I can put some data on the SDRAM using the EDK C code which is as follows #define XPS_MEM_RAM 0x60000000 // this was the starting address of the SDRAM as //provided by the EDK when I added it to my system Xuint32 *RAM; RAM=XPS_MEM_RAM; RAM[i]=0x12345678; but how to send a full file... Also I am not sure whether the procedure i followed is completely correct??? 2.How can i bring my data(which is in SDRAM) to the BRAM. Can i add BRAM to my EDK system as i added SDRAM... If so how??? I also tried to access the SDRAM with VHDL code but it was quiet complicated. I also heard about SDRAM controller but didn't found any for my SDRAM. Please suggest me something for any of the two problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment